Laws and Policies Relating to the Environement
Students and scholars investigating the topic of environmental law and policy related to climate change resilience will consider some of the following questions formulated by Create Caribbean interns:
- Are the Laws concerning the environment contradictory to the policies of government ministries?
- Is the feasibility of relocating citizens of heavily damaged areas possible with the terrain in Dominica?
- How important is the integrity of property with respect to public safety/ health as opposed to “reclaiming land”
- Is the “reclaiming” of land for liveable purposes the best choice for the people of Dominica?
- Should the Dominica Building Code become a law instead of remaining a policy?