Food and Water in the age of Climate Change
As we consider the various complex impacts of climate change disaster on Caribbean lives and livelihood, we consider the following questions relating to agriculture and food and water security:
- Which cultural practices affect food and water? Are the effects positive or negative and are people aware? Do they feel the effects?
- How do traditional agricultural practices affect the environment? Are the effects positive or negative and are people aware? Do they feel the effects?
- How do farmers combat/ cope with the effects of climate change? Are farmers affected by the effects of climate change at all?
- Are farmers willing to make the necessary amendments to their routines? How will this affect their income?
- How does climate change affect water sources? Are changes affecting persons? How will water companies deal with this?
- How do persons feel about their food/water security? Are persons concerned about experiencing insecurity?
- Is food/water readily available for a majority of persons? Who and how many persons have limited or no safe food/water readily available/ secure supply?